Love Subway? Make these Copycat Subway Sandwich and Soup Recipes pronto, and save money by eating at home! I’ve been making my own version of their oven roasted chicken breast for years, and it’s always been a huge hit with everyone in my family! My method is different in that it’s much more juicier the way I make it 😉
Copycat Subway Sandwich and Soup Recipes
Subway Classic Tuna by Recipe Secrets (my fave!)
Subway Italian Herbs & Cheese Bread by Kathy’s Kitchen
Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki by Coleen’s Recipes
Golden Broccoli Cheese Soup by Knitting & Purling
Subway Flatbread by Recipes for Success
Homemade Subway Bread by Bless This Mess, Please
Subway Meatball Marinana by The Gunny Sack
Buttermilk Pan Roasted Chicken Breast (better than Subway!)
- ¼ cup table salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 qt cold water
- 6 chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 qt chicken stock
- canola oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- Mix table salt and sugar in a 1 quart container. Add cold water and shake to mix. Place rinsed chicken in a 1 gallon zip top bag with the brine (you won't need all of it), place in a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and rinse chicken; Place in plastic bag, and add buttermilk. Put back in bowl and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- Space 2 racks in oven so your skillets can fit. Preheat oven to 475 degrees, drain rinse and dry chicken. Rub with oil, salt and pepper. Sear chicken breasts until brown, remove from pans, deglaze with Worcestershire sauce and stock. Reserve deglazing liquid. Place chicken back in pans. Place pans in oven for 10 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Remove chicken from pan, cover. Deglaze pans again. Pour deglazing liquid into one pan, reduce to about 1 cup. Whisk in 4 tablespoons butter and serve over chicken. Let cool for 10 minutes and prepare your sub to your liking!