These Fudgy Hot Chocolate Brownies are the perfect compliment to winter, especially when they come out of the oven after you let the mini marshmallows melt a little. They remind of S’mores-like brownies, minus the crushed graham cracker, but you could always crush some up and sprinkle on top! Either way, pure chocolate heaven! PS. If you do want to try S’mores Brownies, check out my recipe here! And be sure to Pin It for Later!
- Cooking spray
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate or cocoa mix
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 72 mini marshmallows
- chocolate syrup, to drizzle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and spray with the cooking spray.
- Stir together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add the flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking powder and stir until just combined.
- Stir in half the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan and are set in the center, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, immediately sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips, and let stand until they are very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Spread the melted chips evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top, place in broiler (on high) or toaster oven for 2 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
This Fudgy Hot Chocolate Brownies recipe was adapted from the Food Network.