You may never never make a key lime pie again once you try these delicious Key Lime Pie Cups!
Anytime you make a pie recipe into a mini recipe, you just know it’s gotta be good, am I right? I mean, really, the only thing you’re changing is the shape of the pan you are making it in. And it gives you reason to eat “pie” with your hands! No one looks at you funny when you eat mini desserts with your hands, but they’ll wonder when the last time you ate anything if you tried to eat a whole pie with your hands! We should always just make mini desserts, don’t you think? Like these Key Lime Pie Cups!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- lime candy slices ( get them here )
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter. Divide mixture evenly among cups; press into cups using bottom of glass. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until firm; remove. Cool 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat condensed milk and yolks with whisk. Stir in lime juice and 1 teaspoon of the lime peel. Divide mixture evenly among cups. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool completely in muffin pan on rack, then cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
- Top pies with whipped cream and candy lime slices!
Recipe from Betty Crocker