If you love shrimp scampi, you’re in for a treat. This slow cooker shrimp scampi recipe can be made in the crock pot, so you can set it and forget it! Eat it alone, or make it with your favorite pasta (I used thin spaghetti for this recipe).
When adding the shrimp to the crock pot, be sure to leave the tail on. This actually enhances the flavor, as crazy as it may sound.
Squeeze half a lemon over the top. Fresh lemon juice is the best.
Anytime I can make dinner in the slow cooker, it’s a good night. No matter if you turn it on low or high, this is one of the easiest and quickest crock pot dinners you’ll ever make! I’d even suggest it for Game Day as an appetizer!
The easiest shrimp scampi recipe you'll ever make - Slow Cooker Shrimp Scampi!
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley (dried is fine)
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled & deveined (but leave tail on while cooking)
- In the slow cooker, add broth, olive oil, butter, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Stir in the shrimp.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours or on low for 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve with thin spaghetti or other favorite noodles, or eat plain.
Recipe inspired by Low Carb Yum