If you are looking for a tasty, yet easy, weeknight dinner recipe, you’ll want to put this Three Herb Honey Mustard Chicken on your list! It’s so simple to make, and tastes delicious with a blend of rosemary, thyme, and parsley. Pin it for later here!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh button or cremini mushrooms, halved and/or quartered
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of the rosemary, and 1 tablespoon of the thyme.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a 12-inch cast iron skillet or very large oven-going skillet.
- Add chicken, skin side down, to the hot oil and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until browned on one side.
- Turn chicken pieces over and place skillet into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until done (at least 170 degrees F).
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and turn heat to medium-high; cook stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Add flour to skillet, stirring to coat.
- Stir in chicken broth and mustard.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Remove skillet from heat and add remaining rosemary, thyme, and parsley.
- Serve mushrooms sauce over chicken.
- Great with a side of garlic mashed potatoes.
This Three Herb Honey Mustard Chicken recipe was adapted from Our Best Recipes at BHG