These Beginner’s Low Carb and Atkins Diet Weight Loss Tips are perfect for keeping you on the right track during your first few weeks of Induction!
Five things I’ve learned on this program that might help the newbies:
1. You should never be hungry- if you find yourself always hungry then you are probably doing the program wrong by eating too much processed stuff or most of your 20 grams of carbs is coming from something other than veggies, cream cheese and meat.
2. Less is more. Unfortunately, you MIGHT have to give up some of the stuff you love, to succeed. The newer low carb plans allow for fruits and yogurt and some other stuff that was always off limits on the original plans and that may be what is stalling you out or making you lose, slowly.
3. Don’t fry everything. Just because you can, doesn’t mean that you should. Try baking or grilling those burgers and steaks and microwave the bacon and pour off the grease. Trust me, you’ll find another use for it.
4. Everyone is not going to lose 100 lbs in 6 months. We are all different animals with different metabolisms and weight loss comes at all of us, differently.
5. Don’t obsess over the scale. Aim for a once a week, every two weeks or every month weigh in if you have more than 50 pounds to lose. It keeps you focused on the program instead of always on your weight.
Bonus: Stay as natural as possible. Don’t always search out low carb pre-made products. Try making your own sugar free and grain free desserts for that craving you are bound to have and keep them on hand so a ‘bad’ day won’t really be a ‘bad’ day. THIS WILL HELP YOU SAVE MONEY, TOO!
If you love this awesome low carb tip, then be sure to follow me on my Low Carb and Atkins Board, where I share all my fave tips and recipes that I find online!