Fall is hands down my favorite season. It gives me the excuse to eat all the candy corn I want, and even make these Candy Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies! With this recipe, I don’t actually bake the candy corn in with the cookie dough, rather, I top the cookies off after they are done to decorate!
Candy Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy corn
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy for at least 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Combine the dry mixture and blend until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll 1 tablespoon of dough and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Add candy corn on top (usually 3-4 pieces). Let cool on baking rack.