My husband loves cherry cordials, so I thought I’d make this Cherry Cordial Brownie Pie for him! I searched Pinterest, but nothing came up, so I had to come up with this recipe on my own. It turned out perfect, and I hope you like it as much as we do! Bonus: It’s so easy – it’s made with Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix! This makes a great dessert idea for the holidays, especially since you can usually only find these sold during the holidays (or maybe it’s just me?).
This “brownie pie” is perfect for cherry lovers.
First, prepare the brownies in a bowl according to the instructions. 1 egg, 1/3 cup oil, and 2 tablespoons water. Grease and flour the pan well. Then spread the first layer of brownie batter into the pan. I used my round Rachael Ray 9-inch pans. Add the cherry cordials on top.
Prepare the second batch of brownie mix and pour it over the top, covering all the cordials. Bake at 350º for 50 minutes. Let cool for about an hour. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and a little pink or cherry frosting if you wish (they’re good just plain by themselves, too)!
Take a bite and revel in the deliciousness!
Cherry Cordial Brownie Pie
- 2 packets Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Cherry Cordials
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour round pan
- Prepare the first package of brownie mix according to instructions
- Place the cherry cordials on top of the first layer of batter
- Prepare the second package of brownie mix and pour on top of the cordials
- Bake for 45-50 minutes
- Let cool for 1 hour and sprinkle with powdered sugar and decorate with pink or cherry frosting if you wish