These Copycat Famous Dave’s Sweet Cornbread Muffins taste just like the restaurant kind, every bit as moist and delicious with the honey butter recipe, too! I think these muffins are so good because they are made with cake mix!
Copycat Famous Dave’s Sweet Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Heat oven to 400º F
- Mix yellow cornmeal, stone-ground cornmeal, cake mix, baking powder, salt and cayenne in a bowl.
- Combine milk buttermilk, oil, eggs, brown sugar, and honey; mix well and add it to the cornmeal mixture; stir gently until thoroughly combined (no lumps).
- Fold in mayonnaise.
- Set in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the cold batter into cupcake liners in a muffin tin about ½ full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the tops are golden brown. Brush honey butter on top.
- Makes about 24 small muffins, or if you fill the tins ¾ full, about 12 large muffins.
Copycat Famous Dave’s Honey Butter Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup pure honey
- Whip ingredients until soft.
- Copycat Famous Dave's Muffins Recipe