Bring a little Louisiana to your kitchen with this simple and easy Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe, made with rotisserie chicken! Just the right amount of cajun spice, and it’s even perfect for a potluck or served cold for a picnic! What’s almost just as awesome as this recipe is that it’s ready in less than 20 minutes!
This is one of my go-to recipes, because all you need are the seasonings, the Rotisserie chicken that you can buy at the store (already made!), pasta, and seasonings. And it’s so easy, so delicious, and such a huge hit every time I make it. If you don’t like it too cajun-y and spicy, you can substitute the cajun seasoning with 2 teaspoons of paprika instead.
Tip: Looking to save calories and fat? Simply substitute the heavy cream with fat-free half-and-half. It whips up fluffy and creamy, just like whipping cream!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 whole Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 oz Rotini, cooked
- 4 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
- 2 scallions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or 1 cup fat-free half-and-half)
- 1 cup low fat milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook pasta per directions on package and drain. Set aside.
- Shred the Rotisserie chicken into bite size pieces and place in a ziplock bag.
- Pour the cajun seasoning on top and shake well.
- Finely chop the scallions.
- In the pot where you made your pasta, add the milk and cream (or fat-free half-and-half)
- Add chopped scallions, basil, salt, garlic powder, pepper and heat until it reaches a slight boil.
- Add the pasta and chicken and stir until fully coated.
- Add half of the cheese and stir until slightly thickened, and add the rest.
- Top with parsley.
- Serve with garlic or French bread.
If you like this cajun dish, then be sure to check out my Cajun Crab Dip recipe, too!
What did you think of this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe? Have you made it before? Leave a comment, I’d love to hear about it!