I’ve deemed Fall and Winter Soup Season at our house, which is always the perfect excuse to make this Creamy Cauliflower Mushroom Soup recipe. I love any recipe that calls for sauteed garlic and mushrooms and white wine, and when you add it to a soup, you just can’t go wrong. I contemplated on adding shredded chicken or pancetta bacon to this version, and decided on the bacon as I figured the smokey-like pancetta would round out the soup perfectly. But if you’re not a fan of pork, feel free to go the shredded chicken route, or, just leave out the meat altogether. This recipe doesn’t really need it, I just wanted to do something extra for this version. Be sure to PIN IT and get the recipe below!
Creamy Cauliflower Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 /2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth (or mushroom stock)
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pancetta bacon, finely sliced and cooked (if desired)
- 1/2 cup cheese blend (if desired)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot, add olive oil and saute garlic over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in white wine and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add in broth, cauliflower, mushrooms, onions and butter and simmer again for 20 minutes.
- Empty the pot into a large bowl and blend until smooth.
- Empty the blended mixture back into the pot and stir in milk over medium heat for 10 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top and salt and pepper to taste.
- Feel free to add your favorite toppings (mine is the cheese blend and pancetta bacon)