Delicious Copycat Cadbury Cream Eggs Recipe (Perfect for Easter)!
This Copycat Cadbury Cream Eggs Recipe is perfect for Easter!
My husband loves, loves, loves Cadbury Cream Eggs! It’s a shame that they are only available around Easter. Thankfully, though, we’ve cracked the Cadbury Egg-Code and now you can actually make them homemade, from scratch! You may never even want to buy one again after you taste these! Okay, okay, maybe that’s a little extreme, because you do have to put forth some effort into making these, but they are sure to become a new staple year round!
Copycat Cadbury Cream Eggs Recipe
1/2 cup Corn Syrup
1/4 cup softened Butter
3 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
Yellow Food Coloring
12 oz Light Cocoa Candy Chips or Milk Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp Invertase (optional)
* Cream the corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
* Slowly add in powdered sugar beating until incorporated.
* If you want to have the centers liquify, add the invertase at this point. The process will take several days after the candies are made.
* Transfer 1/3 of the filling to another bowl and yellow food coloring.
* Refrigerate both mixtures for at least 30 minuutes.
* Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
* Form the Yellow mixture into about 1″ balls and place them on the parchment line sheet.
* Place in refrigerator or freezer until the yolk balls are firm.
* Grab a clump of white mixture and flatten into a circle. Place yellow ball in the middle and wrap the white around it forming into an egg shape. Return to prepared sheet.
* Place in freezer until the egg shapes are solid.
* Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating process until it is melted and smooth.
* Using a fork, dip egg into chocolate and flip to cover completely. Lift with fork and gently tap on edge of the bowl allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
* Place back on parchment paper.
* Refrigerate 10 minutes until chocolate has set.