Welcome to our list of the best DIY pregnant Halloween costumes and maternity outfits for expecting moms!
One of the best things about Halloween is coming up with creative and fun costume ideas for your kids. But as any parent knows, the chance to rock a pregnant Halloween costume doesn’t come along all that often. When the need arises, it’s important to be prepared with some great maternity costume ideas.
There are tons of easy, last-minute DIY Halloween costume ideas that make the most of your pregnancy belly. Some, like regular Halloween costumes, are inspired by pop culture. For example, you could dress up as a character from a movie or TV show that’s popular right now. Or, you could go for a more traditional route and dress up as a witch or ghost.
DIY costumes can be both fun and comfortable, and they let you put your own personal spin on things. If you’re crafty, you can make use of some foam board or poster board to create a costume that shows off your baby bump. And if you’re looking for something a bit more low-key, there are plenty of comfortable and easy-to-wear options that are basically like wearing pajamas out of the house.
Check out some of the great DIY maternity costume ideas here before the spooky season gets underway. With a little bit of creativity, you’re bound to come up with a maternity costume that’s both fun and festive.
10 Best DIY Pregnant Halloween Costumes for Expecting Moms
1) Pregnant Avocado Costume
If you’re looking for a unique and creative way to celebrate your pregnancy this Halloween, consider making your own costume! A DIY pregnant avocado costume is easy to make and is sure to get a laugh. All you need is a poster board, scissors, and a little bit of time. To make the costume, simply cut out a large oval shape from the poster board and then cut a small hole in the center for your head. Then, cut two smaller ovals out of the poster board and glue them on the front of the large oval. These will be the avocado pits. Once your costume is assembled, pair it with a taco partner costume for the perfect, most complete maternity-themed Halloween costume for couples!
2) Baby Shark Pregnancy Costume
Halloween is the perfect time to get creative with your costume, and if you’re pregnant, there are plenty of DIY pregnant Halloween costumes that will showcase your baby bump. For example, you could turn yourself into a shark with a little DIY action. Simply get a shark onesie for yourself and add the labels “Mom”, “Dad”, and “Baby” to create a cute and comfortable costume that will make you stand out from the crowds. And if you really want to go all out, you could always add some face paint to create a truly scary costume! Whatever you decide, DIY pregnant Halloween costumes are a great way to show off your baby bump in style.
3) Pregnant Skeleton Costume
If you’re looking for a creative and unique DIY pregnant Halloween costume, look no further than the skeleton! All you need is a black shirt and leggings, and you can create an adorable skeleton costume that’s perfect for both expecting mothers and fathers. For an added touch of realism, consider adding a baby skeleton to your costume. This is sure to get a laugh from your friends and family, and it’ll also help you stand out from the crowd. So whether you’re looking for a fun way to show off your baby bump or simply want to get into the Halloween spirit, be sure to check out this classic costume idea.
These high-waisted, lightweight leggings have been designed to help you perform your best. The 75% Polyester and 25% Spandex blend is the perfect combination of stretchy and sturdy, offering excellent squat protection along with 4-way stretch that moves with you while you sweat. They also come equipped with two side pockets and a hidden waistband pocket so all your belongings stay safe while you exercise. Not only that, but these slinky workout leggings feature a buttery soft fabric complete with sweat wicking capabilities to keep you cool and dry even during intensive workouts. And the compression waist supports your core while also adding a hint of stylishness to this trendy look. With our Squat Proof Yoga Pants, you'll fear no squat and rock those curves in confidence!
4) Snowman Halloween Costume
With Halloween just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start thinking about your costume. If you’re pregnant, you may be wondering how you can still participate in the holiday fun. Luckily, there are plenty of great costume ideas that you can easily make yourself. A snowman maternity costume is one of the most adorable and easy-to-make options. All you need is a white outfit, some black pom poms, and a top hat. You can even use this costume for your holiday and Christmas parties! So if you’re looking for a cute and easy-to-make maternity Halloween costume, a snowman is the perfect choice.
5) Pooh Bear Pregnant Halloween Costume
Winnie the Pooh is one of the most beloved characters in children’s literature, and his gentle nature makes him the perfect choice for a Halloween costume. This easy DIY Halloween costume for pregnant women can be made with items you likely already have in your closet. Simply pair a mustard-colored dress or skirt with a red crop top, and you’re all set. If you want to add a little extra detail, consider carrying around a small pot filled with candy. Whether you’re expecting a bundle of joy or not, this costume is sure to get a smile.
6) DIY Cow Costume
In recent years, there has been a growing trend of pregnant women dressing up for Halloween. And why not? Pregnancy is a time when women are celebrating their bodies, so what better way to do that than by flaunting their curves in a fun and festive costume? One popular option is the DIY cow costume. To pull it off, all you need is a white bodysuit or some spotted sweats, an “udderly” adorable belly, and some quirky cow ears. This costume is meant to get a chuckle out of your friends and family, and it’s also comfortable enough to wear all night long.
7) Bank Robbery Heist Costume
Planning a Halloween costume when you’re pregnant can be a bit of a challenge. But with a little creativity, you can come up with a fun and unique costume that celebrates your baby bump. This bank robbery-inspired costume is the perfect way to show off your sense of humor – and your belly. To create the look, simply add a black t-shirt and leggings to your everyday wardrobe. Then, accessorize with some handcuffs (for yourself or your partner) and a mask. If you want to go the extra mile, you can even add a fake pregnancy belly underneath your clothes. Whether you’re trick-or-treating with your family or attending a Halloween party, this is a fun and easy pregnancy Halloween costume.
8) Star Wars Pregnancy Costume
For many people, Halloween is the perfect opportunity to dress up and have some fun. But for pregnant women, finding the perfect costume can be a challenge. Luckily, there are plenty of great DIY options out there for those who want to get into the Halloween spirit. One popular choice is to dress up as a character from Star Wars. Whether you choose to be Princess Leia, Amidala, or Rey, you’re sure to stand out from the crowd. And best of all, you’ll be comfortable and able to move around freely in your costume. May the Force be with you!
9) Juno Pregnant Halloween Costume
There are plenty of DIY pregnant Halloween costumes out there for the expecting mother who wants to get into the holiday spirit. For the pop-culture lover, or at least those who fell in love with the movie Juno, an absolutely hilarious and relatable costume is a preggo mama. All you need is a big shirt or dress that can be tied around your waist, a pillow for your stomach, and some creative props like a sonogram picture or baby bottles.
10) Thicc Thor Pregnant Costume
Thor may have gone back to his godly figure for Thor: Love and Thunder, but if you’re looking to dress as one of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes while you’re pregnant, the let-himself-go version of Thor from Avengers: Endgame is a good match for a big belly. While you might not have Thor’s muscles or his luscious mane, you can DIY a costume that will make you look like the thicc version of the God of Thunder. Start with a plain white tee and some comfortable leggings. Then, add a long sleeve shirt over top in a dark color. To create Thor’s disheveled appearance, tear the sleeves of the shirt and add some wrinkles with makeup or temporary tattoos. Finally, add a red cape and some face paint to complete the look. With this easy and comfortable costume, you’ll be ready to take on any Halloween party – even if you’re nine months pregnant.
People Also Ask These Questions About DIY Pregnant Halloween Costumes
Q: What are some easy DIY pregnant Halloween costumes?
- If you’re pregnant and looking for a fun, easy DIY costume for Halloween, there are plenty of options to choose from. One popular choice is to dress up as a mummy: simply wrap yourself in some gauze or cheesecloth, and add some fake blood or cobwebs for effect. Another easy option is to create a costume inspired by your favorite TV show or movie. For example, you could dress up as Carol from the Walking Dead or wear a shirt that says “Preggers” like Amy Poehler in Mean Girls. If you want to get really creative, you could even make your own pregnant belly costume by stuffing a pillow under your clothes. Whatever you choose, with a little imagination, it’s easy to put together a DIY pregnant Halloween costume that will be both fun and festive.
Q: What are some affordable DIY pregnant Halloween costumes?
- If you’re pregnant and looking for a Halloween costume that won’t break the bank, there are plenty of DIY options that are both creative and affordable. One idea is to dress up as a bunny, using a white onesie as the base of the costume. Add some felt ears and a tail, and you’re all set. Another option is to go as a mummy: simply wrap yourself in gauze or white fabric and add some creepy makeup. For something a little more festive, you could always dress up as a pumpkin. Paint your belly orange and wear a green shirt; add some stems made from construction paper or felt, and you’re good to go. Whatever costume you choose, with a little creativity and resourcefulness, you can create a DIY pregnant Halloween costume that will be both unique and budget-friendly.
Q: Are there any good pregnant Halloween costumes for couples?
- Although some people may think that pregnant women shouldn’t participate in Halloween festivities, there are actually quite a few great costumes that expecting couples can wear. One popular option is to dress up as characters from a classic TV show or movie. For example, expectant parents could go as Joey and Rachel from “Friends” or Homer and Marge Simpson. Another fun idea is to dress up as iconic figures from history, such as Cleopatra and Julius Caesar. If you’re feeling creative, you can also DIY your own unique pregnant Halloween costume.
Q: What are the most popular DIY Halloween costumes for expecting moms?
- Halloween is a great time to get creative with your costumes, and there are plenty of DIY pregnant Halloween costumes that are both popular and easy to put together. One popular option is the ‘bun in the oven’ costume, which involves wearing a shirt that says ‘bun in the oven’ and carrying around rolls of kitchen paper or a small stuffed animal. Another popular choice is the ‘milk maid’ costume, which involves wearing a white dress and headscarf and carrying a milk jug or baby bottle. Whatever you choose, DIY pregnant Halloween costumes are a great way to show off your pregnancy in a fun and festive way!