Frugal July 4th Party Tips (plus a Dr. Pepper Vanilla Float recipe!) #SummerofFlavors
These frugal July 4th party tips are perfect for planning a party on a budget!
July 4th is just a day away, and you may have stumbled across this post wondering what you can do this year to have the best party yet. Whether you are staying in this year, or perhaps headed out of town to visit friends or even go camping, here are some fun and frugal ideas to celebrate!
1) Fill up goody bags for your guests (or just kids) with Pop Rocks, mini flags, a water bottle, and other fun items you think they might like. Visit the dollar store or clearance section at a craft store for inspiration.
2) Dress for the occasion (but nothing fancy) – just red, white and blue will do! No matter what age you are, you can still have fun – think jewelry pieces, hats, and even face paint!
3) Bust out the grill! Independence Day is the perfect excuse to BBQ, such as ribs, steaks, corn on the cob – you name it! Don’t order pizza or go out to eat – BBQ’s are one of the most American ways to celebrate 🙂
4) And when it’s time to eat, celebrate with patriotic utensils, cups and plates (don’t forget the tablecloth)! Adding small and inexpensive touches like these will get everyone in the spirit to celebrate! Again, you can check out the dollar stores or even places like Walmart and Target!
5) No need to buy one of those pre-made bakery cakes! To top off your party, you can make ice cream floats – like these Dr. Pepper Vanilla Ice Cream Floats! These were so easy to make – simply scoop some vanilla ice cream and pour half a can of Dr. Pepper Vanilla Float into a bowl and you have a cool treat that’s even more delicious than the traditional root beer floats!