These Gluten Free Golden Corn Muffins are the perfect side for the main course, and bit lighter than their gluten-laden counterparts!
Trust me, you will not miss the gluten one bit when you bite into these soft and moist Gluten Free Golden Corn Muffins! Be sure to PIN IT to save the recipe for later!
Gluten Free Golden Corn Muffins
- 1 cup whole grain, stone-ground corn flour (not cornmeal)
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk (cow, soy or almond)
- ¼ cup canola oil or grape seed oil
- Heat oven to 400° F. Grease a regular-sized muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, blend both the flours, almond meal, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and beat in the milk and canola oil. Add to the flour mixture, and stir just long enough to blend. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Recipe from Gluten Free Living