These Hatch Green Chile and Cheese Wontons are the perfect party appetizer finger food for those who like it hot!
Hatch Green Chile and Cheese Wontons
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 - 4 Hatch green chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 - 2 cloves minced garlic
- 24 egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheddar and monterey cheese, Hatch chilies, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic and stir. Place the egg roll skins on a cutting board and lightly brush the edges with water. Add 1 ½ teaspoons of the cheese filling in the center of each egg roll skin. Fold into a triangle, brush the edges with water again, and press together. Dust with flour and deep fry hot oil until golden brown. Be sure to fry these quickly as the egg roll skins can dry out quickly if left sitting. Let oil drain off the wontons on a paper towel, and then enjoy when cool. Serve with your favorite sauce!