How perfect are these Patriotic Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches for Memorial Day and July 4th? Red, white and blue never tasted so good!
These are made with shortbread cookies (rather than sugar cookies), Breyer’s ice cream, and some super yummy M&M’s. They are sure to be a huge hit with family and friends (especially the kiddies)! And making them couldn’t be any easier.
I used the Red White & Blue M&M’s found in the candy aisle at the grocery store, and made the shortbread cookies from scratch. The kids loved helping with these, especially since they have M&M’s and sprinkles! Okay, well, and cookies, and ice cream!
These are super easy to make – all you need for the cookies are butter, powdered sugar, and flour – yup, that’s all!
Patriotic Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 cup softened Butter
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cup Flour
- ½ cup Red and Blue M&Ms
- Ice Cream
- Red and White Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Slowly add flour and continue mixing until dough forms.
- Dust work surface with powdered sugar.
- Roll out dough to about ¼" thick and cut out circles
- Place on prepared sheets.
- Reroll as necessary to make additional circles.
- Top each cookie with red and blue M&Ms.
- Bake 13-14 minutes or until they are pale golden color.
- Allow to cool on baking sheets.
- Set out ice cream to soften slightly.
- Place one scoop of ice cream on a cookie. Press another cookie gently on top to make a sandwich.
- You can optionally roll the edge of the sandwich in sprinkles.
- Place in freezer to set.
You’ll also love my Patriotic Pudding Pops recipe! If you make these, be sure to leave us a comment ♥