I have recently discovered the wonderful world of essential oils (where have these been all my life?!) and will be trying them in everything and sharing them here on the blog.
For my first food recipe, I decided to go simple, yet delicious, and chocolate brownies fit nicely into that category, don’t you think? Add some peppermint and you’ve got yourself a wicked good combination that’s perfect when you are craving those Girl Scout Thin Mints when it’s sadly not Girl Scout Cookie time.
Of course, anything made with peppermint is a hit during the holidays, so you can whip up a batch of these babies for your Christmas cookie exchange, too.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish and flour lightly.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and butter in a bowl and stir until smooth; let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, and three drops of peppermint oil one at a time, and stir thoroughly.
- Slowly stir in the salt and flour until combined (no need to stir it fully).
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted through the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve (best when warm!)
What do you think of this recipe for thin mint chocolate fudge brownies with peppermint essential oil? Would you do something different to it? I would love to hear your recipe ideas, so leave me a comment!
Be sure to share this with your friends, too! You can PIN IT HERE!