This Sparkling Strawberry and Cranberry Christmas Holiday Jam canning recipe is so amazing, you’ll want to make it year round! Serve it at your Thanksgiving and Christmas meals and you’ll have people thinking you’ve turned into Rachael Ray! This special holiday recipe even comes with FREE printables, so it’s perfect for gift-giving, too!
Sparkling Strawberry and Cranberry Holiday Jam
- 2 ½ quarts strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 – 12 oz. package cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 pounds sugar
- 2 – 3 oz. packages liquid fruit pectin
- Additional Materials
- Mason jars
- Printable Gift Labels here (hole-punched) – print on white cardstock for best results (free)
- Decorative ribbon or strong glue to attach labels to jars or lids
- In a food processor, pulse the strawberries and cranberries. Depending on preference, fruit may be processed to a finely chopped texture for a chunkier jam, or completely smooth.
- Pour the processed fruit into a large heavy-bottomed pot. Add sugar over medium-high heat, bring the fruit and sugar mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the liquid fruit pectin, stirring to mix completely.
- Allow the jam to cool for 5 minutes, and then skim off the layer of foam on the top.
- Quickly ladle the hot jam mixture into sterile half-pint jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Wipe jar rims clean, cover with lids and screw on the jar bands. Process the jars for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Be sure to print these FREE Gift Labels here (hole-punched) – print on white cardstock for best results!