I love all types of breakfast casseroles and quiche’s, especially this Spinach, Ham, and Potato Frittata breakfast bake recipe! The melted cheese, spinach and ham combination makes it a winning combo the whole family will love!
With all the casserole and quiche recipes I’ve made over the years, I had never made a frittata. So I thought I’d get a little creative with my favorite combinations of spinach and cheese, and threw in some thinly sliced potatoes and ham. Don’t let the word “frittata” intimidate you – this Spinach, Ham, and Potato Frittata breakfast is actually super easy, and ready in less than 30 minutes! Be sure to PIN IT to save it!
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 small red or gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 9 large eggs
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach (more or less is fine), thawed and drained
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar, grated
- 4 oz thinly sliced deli ham, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and onion and cook, tossing occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- While that is cooking, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper (couple dashes each) in a large bowl. Mix in the spinach, cheese, and ham.
- After the potatoes and onions are cooked, add the egg mixture to the skillet, stir with a spatula, scraping the sides of the skillet and mixing the potatoes and onions with the egg mixture.
- Let cook on stove for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Transfer skillet to pre-heated oven and cook for 12-14 minutes, or until the eggs are set and it doesn't look runny on the top.
- - If you aren't sure if your skillet's handle if ovenproof (some plastic handles are not), you can cover the handle in aluminum foil, making sure it's completely covered. If you still aren't sure, you can transfer mixture to a baking dish, however you may have to add a few minutes to the cook time.