You guys are raving about what I call the best steak marinade recipe over on Pinterest! Thank you for all the compliments, and keep them coming!
You guys, I love steak. I think I had my first true realization of what a steak was supposed to taste like when I worked at a steakhouse (around 19, a long time ago). It was my first time really around steaks, learning the different cuts and whatnot. However, it’s not like we can just go out to a nice restaurant and order a steak any time we want, as our budget cannot afford to. So, hubby and I have been on a quest to come up with the best steak marinade on our own. I’ve always used olive oil and Worcestershire sauce, along with some herbs and seasonings, but recently decided to try a few more things, for instance, lemon juice. Freshly squeezed, that is. And let me tell you, this is the best steak marinade I have ever made – it’s just so good …. It leaves the steak tender and juicy and gives it an expensive steakhouse taste, without the bill! Check out my recipe, try it, and be sure to tell me what you think.
- Steak of choice (I use Ribeye, but Sirloin is pretty good, too!)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1½ tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp corse sea salt (if desired, not necessary)
- Place everything in a freezer bag (or you can put it all in a blender if you prefer. Except the steaks. Do Not put the steaks in the blender.) and shake it , mushing it with your hands to saturate the steaks. Let marinate for at least 8 hours, and up to 24 (or freeze it and make it later). For the best taste, grill! For medium steaks, grill for 6-7 minutes on each side.