We had such a fun time making these little Valentine’s Day Mini Cheese Ball Love Bugs Snacks and I hope your kids enjoy them as well!
These Mini Cheese Ball Love Bugs would be perfect for your kids Valentine’s Day class party, and hey, way better than those sugar loaded chocolates, right? And these are so cute and fun to make, you’ll have your kids coming up with other food “creatures” to make, too! Be sure to PIN IT to save it!
Valentine’s Day Mini Cheese Ball Love Bugs Snacks
- Flavored cream cheese (you can also use your favorite cheese ball recipe)
- Shredded cheese (any white cheese will work)
- Butterfly shaped crackers
- Chow mein noodles or pretzel sticks
- Black olives
- Add shredded cheese to a small bowl and scoop out about a tablespoon of cream cheese. Roll cream cheese into cheese to make mini cheese balls.
- Take your mini cheese balls and set them on top of your butterfly crackers so that your little bug has feet.
- Cut small hearts out of the pepperoni and attach the hearts to one end of the chow mein noodles using cream cheese as glue. Press them into the top of your cheese ball.
- Using a small pastry tip make the eyes. I sliced the olives in half and pressed the pastry tip into the olive and it made perfect round eyes.