White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Sugar Cookies
These festive White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Sugar Cookies with sugar sprinkles are perfect for the holidays and peppermint lovers!
I love making sugar cookies for the holidays, but sometimes I get tired of the traditional version and want to do a little something more with them. So when I saw the peppermint M&Ms at the store, I got the idea to add them to sugar cookies, and I’m so glad I did! These are just the right amount of peppermint without being too overpowering. Even my 2.5 year old approved … when I walked back into the kitchen, some of the M&Ms had gone missing from the cookies. Gotta love kids 🙂 And the best part about these cookies is that the M&Ms “melt” a little and make for that gooey bite that you can’t resist!
Christmas cookie swap coming up? These White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Sugar Cookies will be a huge hit!
- 1 bag White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened (can be salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon each of red and green sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in sugar sprinkles and M&M's
- Shape dough into 1 tablespoon-sized balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet or on parchment paper
- Bake 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 for minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.